Här kan se resultatet från utvärderingen och exportera statistiken till ett annat program. Det går också att
göra en enkel filtrering genom att klicka på svarsalternativen och kommentarerna eller en avancerad filtrering
genom att använda knappen längst ned.
Risk Management and Safety (Fall 2012), IPE061
Öppen för svar: 2013-02-05 - 2013-02-22
Antal svar: 13
Procent av deltagarna som svarat: 25%
Kontaktperson: Jonatan Berglund»
Your own effort
1. How many hours per week did you spend on this course?We mean total time, that is, it comprises the time you spent in class and the time you spent on your own work. Try to estimate the average time over the entire study period.
|At most 15 hours/week»||2|| 15%|
|Around 20 hours/week»||3|| 23%|
|Around 25 hours/week»||4|| 30%|
|Around 30 hours/week»||3|| 23%|
|At least 35 hours/week»||1|| 7%|
2. How large part of the teaching offered did you attend?
Goals and goal fulfilmentThe course syllabus states the course goals in terms of learning outcomes, i.e., knowledge, skills and attitudes to be acquired by the student during the course.
3. How understandable are the course goals?13 svarande
|I have not seen/read the goals»||2|| 15%|
|The goals are difficult to understand»||0|| 0%|
|The goals give some guidance, but could be clearer»||7|| 53%|
|The goals clearly describe what I am supposed to learn»||4|| 30%|
4. Are the goals reasonable considering your background and the number of credits?Answer this this question and the succeeding one, only if you do know the course goals.
|No, the goals are set too low»||1|| 8%|
|Yes, the goals seem reasonable»||11|| 91%|
|No, the goals are set too high»||0|| 0%|
5. Did the examination assess whether you have reached the goals?12 svarande
|No, not at all»||3|| 25%|
|To some extent»||4|| 33%|
|Yes, definitely»||4|| 33%|
|I don"t know/have not been examined yet»||1|| 8%|
Teaching and course administration
6. To what extent has the teaching been of help for your learning?13 svarande
|Small extent»||4|| 30%|
|Some extent»||5|| 38%|
|Large extent»||3|| 23%|
|Great extent»||1|| 7%|
7. To what extent has the course literature and other material been of help for your learning?13 svarande
|Small extent»||2|| 15%|
|Some extent»||4|| 30%|
|Large extent»||6|| 46%|
|Great extent»||1|| 7%|
8. How well did the course administration, web page, handouts etc work?13 svarande
|Very badly»||1|| 7%|
|Rather badly»||2|| 15%|
|Rather well»||9|| 69%|
|Very well»||1|| 7%|
9. How were the opportunities for asking questions and getting help?13 svarande
|Very poor»||1|| 7%|
|Rather poor»||3|| 23%|
|Rather good»||4|| 30%|
|Very good»||4|| 30%|
|I did not seek help»||1|| 7%|
10. How well has cooperation between you and your fellow students worked?13 svarande
|Very poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather well»||7|| 53%|
|Very well»||6|| 46%|
|I did not seek cooperation»||0|| 0%|
11. How was the course workload?13 svarande
|Too low»||1|| 7%|
|Too high»||3|| 23%|
12. How was the total workload this study period?13 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||2|| 15%|
13. What is your general impression of the course?13 svarande
Genomsnitt: 2.69 (bidrar till totalt genomsnitt/jämförelseindex)
14. What should definitely be preserved to next year?- My main learnings from the course come from the projects. »
- I think the @risk lecture was the only thing in this course living up to Chalmers standards. Maybe some of the guest lectures also.»
- I think the home assignments was very good and you learned a lot by doing them. »
- 1. The lecture from industrial people.
2. Group project»
- Dont know.»
- Home assignments»
- no exam but a home work for every week»
- The guest leactures or seminars and the site visit were in general very interesting and good!»
15. What should definitely be changed to next year?- Since there was no examination of the content of the lectures, there were no incentives for me to listen. The individual hand-ins didn"t either ask that much of me, since they more or less asked me to read a chapter in the book and summarize it. The course does therefore need a new way to examine the students. Even though I see the point with no exam, this is worse why I would propose a final exam.»
- -The examiner should know the requirements for passing the course earlier then week 6. Ideally the first day of the course
-The examiners should not discuss with each other how they will organize the course in front of all the students the first lesson. Do this with no audience.
-It is not reasonable to have different requirements for passing the course for different students. Example of this is the mandatory study visit for some students scheduled on time outside the block which means that some students had to skip other classes in other courses to pass this course.
-If the seminars are mandotary-you have to make sure that people go to them. Sometimes it was only ten students attending even though alsmost everyone was at the addending list. ´,
-If the seminars are mandatory it might be a good idea to tell which classes that are seminars.
-The home assignments were really not good. My opinion is that to get high points one have to copy the book exactly which I do not think is a good way of learning.
-I think it is time to do a make over of this course completely to next year.»
- the workshops was not that good, hard to understand what was expected and it took to long lime to get it back. The projectwork was not that good either. There were to few instructions and feedback. Hard to know what should be done and also the project scope. Should be more feedback and meetings with the examinaters during the project to get feedback and to know the group is doing a correct work. »
- A better administration. Any changes in schedule need to be informed at least 2 days earlier.»
- Home assignments, guest lecturers, the final assignment, literature»
- May reduce the number of weekly assignments. Can be few but carrying all the contents and goals aimed for.
- More help and feedback with the project work since it is a big part of the course.Faster feedback about workshops. »
- More clarity. There was a lot of uncertainties considering time, lectures, mandatory lectures, credits for being at what lectures, difference between lecture and seminar etc. Everybody should be able to go to the site visit!
More supervision for the projects. The idea with them are goodd, but the framining messy.»
16. Additional comments- Giving a single student the power over the attendance list of mandatory lectures gives this student a skewed power against its co-students. Make sure the lecturers get the list instead.»
- I am sorry to say this, but this course is the worst I have taken at Chalmers and I will strongly recommened other students to take another course instead. »
- In total, the different parts of the course were hard to tie together into something complete. Many different guest lecturers making it hard to see connection between the different topics. Assessment and grading was unclear and at times unfair, depending on e.g. who would correct home assignment. Literature was hard to comprehend at times, and was generally of poorer quality than other courses. Why use this "book" when there is so much excellent literature on risk management?!? Half of class went on study trip, the other half did not. Have still not received feedback on final assignment, which in itself did not feel like a rewarding task. The topics varied, every group chose the same topic, and it was obvious during presentations that the learnings were limited in terms of risk management and safety. It is unfortunate, but this is the worst course i have attended to date.»
Genomsnitt totalt för detta stycke: 2.69
Genomsnitt totalt för alla frågor: 2.69
Beräknat jämförelseindex: 0.42