Här kan se resultatet från utvärderingen och exportera statistiken till ett annat program. Det går också att
göra en enkel filtrering genom att klicka på svarsalternativen och kommentarerna eller en avancerad filtrering
genom att använda knappen längst ned.
Lp 4 12/13 Wastewater engineering, BOM095
Öppen för svar: 2013-06-05 - 2013-09-13
Antal svar: 12
Procent av deltagarna som svarat: 32%
Kontaktperson: Patrik Hellman»
Utbildningsprogram som genomför enkäten: Chalmers: masterskurs
Learning outcomes and examinationLearning outcomes (after completion of this course, the student should be able to)
- Define the most important concepts of the wastewater system, including the sewer system, stormwater collection system, treatment system and wastewater discharge.
- Describe different types of collection and treatment systems for wastewater and motivate the selection of different systems for different conditions.
- Apply existing theories to design new treatment and collection systems or to reconstruct existing ones and to be able to identify critical parameters and make appropriate assumptions and judgments when limited data is available.
- Analyse the performance of different treatment and collections systems and be able to explain results obtained from either simulations or from monitored data.
- Apply covered theories in designing the hydraulics of the wastewater and stormwater collection system.
- Explain how the wastewater collection system is related to and influences the treatment system and the consequences it has for the effluent properties.
- Apply computer models in analyzing and designing wastewater collection and treatment processes and to judge their out-put results.
- Define the main concepts of sustainability related to the wastewater system.
1. Are the goals reasonable considering your background and the number of credits?11 svarande
|No, the goals are set too low»||0|| 0%|
|Yes, the goals seem reasonable»||11|| 100%|
|No, the goals are set too high»||0|| 0%|
- BUT it must be said that the part about collection system and stormwater management did not feel new, we have already come in touch with it in the course "Hydraulik och VA-teknik". Men storm water management är väldigt intressant, tål att höras igen!
Feels unnecessary that the lecturer calculates examples that later on are not used, for example the CSO-lecture. » (Yes, the goals seem reasonable)
2. To what extent have you reached the learning outcomes?11 svarande
- The computer modeling. » (80-100%)
3. Did the examination assess whether you have reached the goals?Please consider all kinds of examiantions during the course: assignments, projects, seminars, final written exam, etc.
|No, not at all»||0|| 0%|
|To some extent»||1|| 9%|
|Yes, definitely»||9|| 81%|
|I don"t know/have not been examined yet»||1|| 9%|
Teaching and learning
4. To what extent has the organised teaching activities been of help for your learning?12 svarande
|Small extent»||0|| 0%|
|Some extent»||2|| 16%|
|Large extent»||5|| 41%|
|Great extent»||5|| 41%|
- The lecttions has been to small extent, and the exercies to a large extent» (Some extent)
- But it is wrong to call them orginiced» (Great extent)
- BUT the exercises for the part 1 in the project were not good ... they were not organized and it felt that not even the teachers knew what to do. Whole part 1 felt a bit as if it did not fit into the rest of the course ...» (Great extent)
5. To what extent has the teaching material and the course home page been of help for your learning?12 svarande
|Small extent»||1|| 8%|
|Some extent»||1|| 8%|
|Large extent»||6|| 50%|
|Great extent»||4|| 33%|
- I did not like the compendium and a lot of the articles did not seem relevant and some was very difficult to understand (sedimentation chapter). I think it would be much better and more giving to the students if a compendium was written by the teachers.» (Small extent)
- You must upgrade the PingPong page. It is so frustrating not to be able to see the upload date of documents.» (Some extent)
6. How were the opportunities to get feedback and for asking questions and getting help from teachers and supervisors?12 svarande
|Very poor»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poor»||1|| 8%|
|Rather good»||5|| 41%|
|Very good»||6|| 50%|
- They didn"t know how to do think on their on. If you ask one teatcher you will get one answer and if you ask another you will get a different answer.» (Rather poor)
- Very good opportunities for help and feedback! But we would have needed Emelie (or someone with her knowledge) during project part 1.» (Very good)
7. How well did the course organisation, course information, course home page, handouts etc work?11 svarande
|Very badly»||1|| 9%|
|Rather badly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather well»||6|| 54%|
|Very well»||4|| 36%|
- In the project the organisation was Vary bad. the teachers had not talked to eachother and gave diffrent information to the student. I believ that the least we student can requrie from the teachers is that they have planed the course ang know what the student should do» (Very badly)
- But maybe send mail as well not just pim» (Rather well)
- You must upgrade the PingPong page. It is so frustrating not to be able to see the upload date of documents.» (Rather well)
8. To what extent have the facilties at Chalmers been appropriate to support your studies in this course, e.g. lecture halls, study rooms, equipment, computer labs etc.12 svarande
|Small extent»||0|| 0%|
|Some extent»||2|| 16%|
|Large extent»||7|| 58%|
|Great extent»||3|| 25%|
- Difficult as always to get a computer on V.» (Some extent)
- For the project.» (Large extent)
9. How much of your available time for studies in this study period did you spend on this course?It is assumed that 50% of the time in one quarter is used for a course of 7,5 credit units.
|less than 20%»||0|| 0%|
|about 50%»||8|| 72%|
|more than 80%»||1|| 9%|
- Projects always take time.» (60-80%)
10. How was the course workload?11 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||0|| 0%|
11. What is your general impression of the course?12 svarande
- The bad organisation of the project affect the rest of the course. and many lecturse was not so good. Every thing was very messy.
Try to have atleast the same deffenitions even if you are several theachers. I belive this was the most confuesing course ever.» (Poor)
- I would never had picked it again» (Fair)
- The organization of the project lower my overall experience of the course.» (Adequate)
- BUT part 1 of the project was really frustrating. The course though was better and better after that. Really good exercises with Frank and Oskar, and the JASS.
Nice with study visit but it should have been more directed to our knowledge, the guiding was a bit too basic.» (Good)
12. What is the remaining value of the course in the future12 svarande
|Very small»||1|| 8%|
|Rather small»||1|| 8%|
|Rahter high»||8|| 66%|
|Very high»||0|| 0%|
- Very good lecture with - I don"t remember her name - the professor from Ryaverket.» (Rahter high)
13. What should definitely be preserved to next year?- EVERY THING»
- The challenging group work with flexible procedures to achieve the goal»
- The exercises, nitfogen removal etc»
- the only good thing I can come up woth is the exam, and the idea of a group project.»
- The group project was good. It would have been easier for all students if it had been more organized. Some computer exercises in the SWMM program before the group project would have been helpful.»
- The Project Work, but with some modifications. Tutorial for SWMM etc. »
- JASS exercise, study visit, group assignment, individual assignment.
14. What should definitely be changed to next year?- NONE»
- The project (especially part one). The information have to be more clear and there have to be some lecture that shows how to do it. That is not something we know and the manual did not help at all. I also think it would be good if the field trip was done in smaller groups because it was very difficult to hear what she said it you didn"t stand right beside her. »
- More structure is needed!!!!!!»
- the organistation!!! And project work, at leats not star the project with a lecture that we with no knowledge will start the project. Tyr to have some exercies before!»
- Look over part 1, give more specific guidance on how to use SWMM. Also tell in the course memo that you should have, for example, between ten and fifteen sub-catchments.»
- Some more information about the programs before usage. »
- The compendium needs to be revised and improved. Some of the pages need to be trimmed.»