Här kan se resultatet från utvärderingen och exportera statistiken till ett annat program. Det går också att
göra en enkel filtrering genom att klicka på svarsalternativen och kommentarerna eller en avancerad filtrering
genom att använda knappen längst ned.
TIF195 Applied nuclear engineering
Öppen för svar: 2013-03-18 - 2013-04-14
Antal svar: 9
Procent av deltagarna som svarat: 75%
Kontaktperson: Erika Thorsell»
Your own effort
1. How many hours per week did you spend on this course?We mean total time, that is, it comprises the time you spent in class and the time you spent on your own work. Try to estimate the average time over the entire study period.
|At most 15 hours/week»||0|| 0%|
|Around 20 hours/week»||0|| 0%|
|Around 25 hours/week»||3|| 33%|
|Around 30 hours/week»||5|| 55%|
|At least 35 hours/week»||1|| 11%|
2. How large part of the teaching offered did you attend?
Goals and goal fulfilmentThe course syllabus states the course goals in terms of learning outcomes, i.e., knowledge, skills and attitudes to be acquired by the student during the course.
3. How understandable are the course goals?9 svarande
|I have not seen/read the goals»||0|| 0%|
|The goals are difficult to understand»||0|| 0%|
|The goals give some guidance, but could be clearer»||4|| 44%|
|The goals clearly describe what I am supposed to learn»||5|| 55%|
4. Are the goals reasonable considering your background and the number of credits?Answer this this question and the succeeding one, only if you do know the course goals.
|No, the goals are set too low»||0|| 0%|
|Yes, the goals seem reasonable»||9|| 100%|
|No, the goals are set too high»||0|| 0%|
5. Did the examination assess whether you have reached the goals?9 svarande
|No, not at all»||0|| 0%|
|To some extent»||4|| 44%|
|Yes, definitely»||5|| 55%|
|I don"t know/have not been examined yet»||0|| 0%|
Teaching and course administration
6. To what extent has the teaching been of help for your learning?9 svarande
|Small extent»||1|| 11%|
|Some extent»||2|| 22%|
|Large extent»||3|| 33%|
|Great extent»||3|| 33%|
- Except PSA-introduction» (Great extent)
7. To what extent has the course literature and other material been of help for your learning?9 svarande
|Small extent»||2|| 22%|
|Some extent»||4|| 44%|
|Large extent»||3|| 33%|
|Great extent»||0|| 0%|
8. How well did the course administration, web page, handouts etc work?9 svarande
|Very badly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather badly»||1|| 11%|
|Rather well»||5|| 55%|
|Very well»||3|| 33%|
- Often no (or not enough) information about upcoming lectures and exercises.» (Rather badly)
9. How were the opportunities for asking questions and getting help?9 svarande
|Very poor»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poor»||0|| 0%|
|Rather good»||6|| 66%|
|Very good»||3|| 33%|
|I did not seek help»||0|| 0%|
10. How well has cooperation between you and your fellow students worked?9 svarande
|Very poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather well»||2|| 22%|
|Very well»||7|| 77%|
|I did not seek cooperation»||0|| 0%|
11. How was the course workload?9 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||2|| 22%|
- I am lucky the other courses had a very low workload, or else I would not have made it.» (High)
- Since it was a new subject each week with a new report, which weren"t very connected to each other, the workload felt high.» (Too high)
12. How was the total workload this study period?9 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||1|| 11%|
- Almost entirely because of this course. The other course immidietly got lower prority.» (High)
13. What is your general impression of the course?9 svarande
Genomsnitt: 4 (bidrar till totalt genomsnitt/jämförelseindex)
- Most of the subject were interesting, but there are room for improvements.
The core calculations lab with Christophe felt almost like a math lesson, and the program was only used to confirm mathematical models.
The PSA was not especially interesting and I can"t say that I have learned much from it either.» (Good)
- Here comes my impression of the different parts of the course:
Monte Carlo calculations: Excellent, Klas is very skilled and pedagogical.
Transient coupled calculations: Very good, really interesting, Paolo is very skilled and helpful. Some material describing the response of the NPP during the transient would improve the learning and make the report clearer to write.
Core calculations: It started out really interesting, but after a while it transformed into severe mathematical masturbation. This should really not be a part of the course, at least not in its present form.
PSA: The lecturer was terrible, he could at least have read his slides prior to the lecture. The material was quite unstructured, something that did not help the learning. Due to these things, this was the report that was most difficult to write. Most of the information I used when writing it came from other sources.
MMI: Interesting and pleasant.
Saclay: Awsome! The lab was extremely interesting and fun, the teachers at the center were very inspiring and pedagogical. This lab raises the overall impression of the whole course to excellent.
14. What should definitely be preserved to next year?- Trip to Paris :)»
- Saclay and Paulo
- MC(MONTE CARLO)ANALYSIS,CORE ANALYSIS,SAFETY OF NUCLEAR REACTOR AND OBVIOUSLY THE TRAINING TO RESEARCH REACTOR WAS VERY MUCH INTERESTING ,EFFECTIVE AS WELL.»
- The Saclay trip. A very interesting trip in which I learned a lot. Theory is nice, but practice is even nicer.»
- The Saclay lab.»
- The lectures and exercises about MCNP, Transient and Core calculations. And the trip to Saclay, of course!»
- Everything, except for below.»
15. What should definitely be changed to next year?- Faster feedback on reports. It would be good to know what errors you have done so you don"t make the same errors again.»
- The PSA-introduction
Christophe"s laboration (i.e. less extensive and remove all the useless derivations)»
- The lectures could be more focused on what we actually did on the labs. Pure code can be ineresting, but it had a to large fraction of the lecture time.»
- The lectures about PSA.»
- The PSA lab could easily be improved by using a more suited material and/or replacing the lecturer.
Core calculations could also easily be improved by switching focus from the mathematics to the core calculations.»
16. Additional comments- Christophe"s laboration is way to big and he should remove the derivations! We got more than enough mathematics from the last course»
- Overall a quite nice course, but there can be improvements. The teachers were good for most of the labs, except the PSA lecturer. Too slow and uninspired.»
- Better description of how the reports shoul be written for some of the labs.»
- Thanks for a great course!»
Genomsnitt totalt för detta stycke: 4
Genomsnitt totalt för alla frågor: 4
Beräknat jämförelseindex: 0.75