Här kan se resultatet från utvärderingen och exportera statistiken till ett annat program. Det går också att
göra en enkel filtrering genom att klicka på svarsalternativen och kommentarerna eller en avancerad filtrering
genom att använda knappen längst ned.
Protein engineering 1, KBB110, sp3 2013
Öppen för svar: 2013-03-18 - 2013-04-14
Antal svar: 11
Procent av deltagarna som svarat: 84%
Kontaktperson: Inga-Lena Hagelin»
Utbildningsprogram som genomför enkäten: Bioteknik 300 hp
Your own effort
1. How many hours per week did you spend on this course?We mean total time, that is, it comprises the time you spent in class and the time you spent on your own work. Try to estimate the average time over the entire study period.
|At most 15 hours/week»||0|| 0%|
|Around 20 hours/week»||1|| 9%|
|Around 25 hours/week»||1|| 9%|
|Around 30 hours/week»||5|| 45%|
|At least 35 hours/week»||4|| 36%|
2. How large part of the teaching offered did you attend?
Goals and goal fulfilmentThe course syllabus states the course goals in terms of learning outcomes, i.e., knowledge, skills and attitudes to be acquired by the student during the course.
3. How understandable are the course goals?11 svarande
|I have not seen/read the goals»||3|| 27%|
|The goals are difficult to understand»||1|| 9%|
|The goals give some guidance, but could be clearer»||2|| 18%|
|The goals clearly describe what I am supposed to learn»||5|| 45%|
4. Are the goals reasonable considering your background and the number of credits?Answer this this question and the succeeding one, only if you do know the course goals.
|No, the goals are set too low»||0|| 0%|
|Yes, the goals seem reasonable»||8|| 100%|
|No, the goals are set too high»||0|| 0%|
5. Did the examination assess whether you have reached the goals?9 svarande
|No, not at all»||0|| 0%|
|To some extent»||5|| 55%|
|Yes, definitely»||3|| 33%|
|I don"t know/have not been examined yet»||1|| 11%|
Teaching and course administration
6. To what extent has the teaching been of help for your learning?11 svarande
|Small extent»||1|| 9%|
|Some extent»||3|| 27%|
|Large extent»||7|| 63%|
|Great extent»||0|| 0%|
7. To what extent has the course literature and other material been of help for your learning?11 svarande
|Small extent»||6|| 54%|
|Some extent»||3|| 27%|
|Large extent»||2|| 18%|
|Great extent»||0|| 0%|
8. How well did the course administration, web page, handouts etc work?11 svarande
|Very badly»||3|| 27%|
|Rather badly»||4|| 36%|
|Rather well»||3|| 27%|
|Very well»||1|| 9%|
9. How were the opportunities for asking questions and getting help?10 svarande
|Very poor»||1|| 10%|
|Rather poor»||1|| 10%|
|Rather good»||3|| 30%|
|Very good»||3|| 30%|
|I did not seek help»||2|| 20%|
10. How well has cooperation between you and your fellow students worked?11 svarande
|Very poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather well»||1|| 9%|
|Very well»||10|| 90%|
|I did not seek cooperation»||0|| 0%|
11. How was the course workload?11 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||8|| 72%|
12. How was the total workload this study period?11 svarande
|Too low»||1|| 9%|
|Too high»||7|| 63%|
13. What is your general impression of the course?11 svarande
Genomsnitt: 3.36 (bidrar till totalt genomsnitt/jämförelseindex)
14. What should definitely be preserved to next year?- Rosmaries and Julies lectures (maybe give them more lecture to hold). Anette was also an excellent supervisor. »
- The laboration. It need some changes but it was the best part of the course.»
- The labbproject. All the lecturers and labbassistants with a few more comments below..
- The lab part, although it should be smaller for chalmers students»
- The laboration part!»
- You learned a lot from the course lab even though the long hours in the lab were hard to combine with other courses. The course could be even more focused on the lab. It would be fun to participate in some part of the experimental planning.»
- If CTH students get 15 credits too for this course, it will be most useful who really want to learn Protein Engineering for their future career»
- Very good lab supervisor.»
15. What should definitely be changed to next year?- Except for Julies and Rosmaries lectures, the powerpoints were very poor and the lectures were often unclear. »
- Some of the lectures. The focus was more "Hi see what we do!" than actually teaching us methods. It feels like 50-75% of all the slides were either repetition from an earlier lecture or something that wasnt in the course.»
- The labbproject. It takes alot of time especially in the beginning and it doesn"t work well for us chalmers students when we have another course at the same time. The course we had at the same time as protein engineering didn"t have many lectures but we had a large worload that we had to do on our "spare" time. Having to spend much of that time in the laboratory made things extremely hard for us and the for a few weeks atleast I were studying/attendinglecures or labbs 8-21 every day. This is not ok...
Many of the lectures were on the same topic as another lecture and sometimes it felt like a total waste of time to be there. Some of them were from guest lecturers so it might be so that they just needs to be informed better of what we"ve learned previously? Also many lectures were too basic to keep us interested.
I got the feeling from the course goals that this course would be a lot about the methods used in protein engineering but I feel that alot of the time that could have been used to learn more methods or go through methods thoroughly got taken by aquaporins and other examples from your departement. Examples are always nice but in my opinion they have to be in context of the course and could hardly validate 3-4 lectures about aquaporins.
I also feel that a little more time could have been spent on making good powerpoints. Many times page numbers were missing and Swedish and English were sometimes mixed. Overall they were hard to understand. Also for people like me who usually print the slides before the lecture to take notes not getting them before the lecture made things harder from a learning point of view. Very few actually goes through the hassle of trying to summarize the slides of a powerpoint in their notes so there really isn"t a point in us getting them after the lecture out of a learning perpective.
- The lecture room, it was ridiculous. Not room enough for all students, really hard to see the slides of you were sitting from the middle and back, and badly airconditioned»
- Sort out the schedule clashes for the Chalmers students.»
- This course is a lot bigger than 7.5 hp, mainly becasuse of all the time spent in the lab. This made this study period very intense and it felt very unfair. I still think that the lab project should be preserved to next year, but perhaps this could be compensated by removing some lectures from the course. It also felt like the exam only focused on a couple of the lectures anyway.»
- Laborationsupplägget. Antingen ökas poängen vi får för avklarad kurs eller så får labbandet tyvärr minska. Väldigt bra labb dock, men arbetsbördan för oss studenter med ytterliggare en kurs blir för hög.»
- Not carrying another course with lab and lectures when this course should run. »
- The lab schedule and amount of time in the lab or decrease amount of lectures.»
16. Additional comments- For 15 credits in 8 weeks the total workload of a course should be 50hours (according to CSN) and for a 7.5 credits course it should be half of that. Either the numbers of lecture should be decreased or the hours in the lab. The labprojects was nice and we learned a lot but the workload for this course is not reasonable when you have another course.»
- The cooperation between GU and Chalmers need to be better. This could be one of the best courses at the biotech-master. But right now it feels kind of unprepared. The lab-work has actually been one of the best I have done in the five years at chalmers. Anette has been one of the best supervisors and should really have a large credit for helping us!»
- Overall I think the course can be improved alot and for it to work for chalmers students more consideration has to be taken to us reading two courses. We can"t be expected to spend more than 25h/week and especially not close 40 on one course only since it makes our situation unhealthy. I hope I didn"t sound too harsh.»
- The examiner made the chalmers students feel unwelcome when she started the course by saying that our presence made everything harder with scheduling. She also said that we had to have one project for the GU students and one for the chalmers students, if the projects would be mixed "the GU students would have to do all the work since the chalmers students will not show up". Weird thing to say. Lab teacher Annette was great.»
- The Chalmers students had problems getting two courses together and because of this the laboration part was a challenge to get through and the work load very high. Maybe some of the more time consuming steps that the students already have some hand-on experience from before could be done by assistant but the more "relevant" parts by the student. On the other hand the total work flow of the process is a very good thing to experience so I don"t know how this could be solved really...
Very good teachers and lectures though. Loads of cred to Annette! Only positive things to say about her! :)»
- En av de bästa kurserna jag läst på mastern. Om inte schemaläggningen förbättras blir det dock svårt att rekommendera den till någon annan, det är inte ok att ska behöva få både sömnbesvär och magsår redan läsvecka 2!
Förhoppningsvis går det att sätta sig ner och diskutera hur man ska fixa ett schema-upplägg som gör att vi från Chalmers slipper ränna fram och tillbaka, och ofta missa både föreläsningar och labb-tillfällen i båda kurserna. Om man istället kunde få hel-dagar i labbet i denna kurs, alternativt kanske läsa den på heltid (15 poäng) och på så sätt slippa krockar med andra kurser.
- It would have been a lot easier to remember things from the lectures if there had been avaible Power Point slides on the web to print out. It is almost impossible to take notes otherwise. »
- I love the Lab and lectures, its makes me learn the basic techniques and pains and solutions for Protein production, one might expect to face in life inside/outside the University»
- Very high workload on the course, almost no mentioning of the lab schedule in the course description unfortunately.»
Genomsnitt totalt för detta stycke: 3.36
Genomsnitt totalt för alla frågor: 3.36
Beräknat jämförelseindex: 0.59