Här kan se resultatet från utvärderingen och exportera statistiken till ett annat program. Det går också att
göra en enkel filtrering genom att klicka på svarsalternativen och kommentarerna eller en avancerad filtrering
genom att använda knappen längst ned.
MPIDE 1213-1 Interaction design project 1, CIU265
Öppen för svar: 2012-10-24 - 2012-11-11
Antal svar: 22
Procent av deltagarna som svarat: 46%
Kontaktperson: Börje Johansson»
Utbildningsprogram som genomför enkäten: Informationsteknik 300 hp
Your own effort
1. How many hours per week did you spend on this course?We mean total time, that is, it comprises the time you spent in class and the time you spent on your own work. Try to estimate the average time over the entire study period.
|At most 15 hours/week»||1|| 4%|
|Around 20 hours/week»||5|| 22%|
|Around 25 hours/week»||6|| 27%|
|Around 30 hours/week»||8|| 36%|
|At least 35 hours/week»||2|| 9%|
- Had another course that was really time demanding.» (At most 15 hours/week)
- Total time for the period 60-70h.» (Around 25 hours/week)
- More towards the end but average 25» (Around 25 hours/week)
- If you aim to have this more balanced, and avoid to have great amount of hours and weekends spent in Kuggen at the end of the course, then the beginning with literature and lectures totally cut down THREE WEEKS from effective project work, and the midterm right after the teams effectively started just didn"t quite make sense. I"d suggest to introduce some iterations for the weeks, which could serve as deadlines as well. If you want teams focus on *design*, then pressure them to fix the technology part sooner, because that takes over way too much time from the hours.» (Around 30 hours/week)
- We spent a lot of time in the beginning working with the concept and at the end with implementing. There was sort of a gap in the middle.» (Around 30 hours/week)
2. How large part of the teaching offered did you attend?
- Think I missed one time, but closer to 100% than 75%. » (100%)
- did not feel that everything was usefue, see coments below» (100%)
Goals and goal fulfilmentThe course syllabus states the course goals in terms of learning outcomes, i.e., knowledge, skills and attitudes to be acquired by the student during the course.
3. How understandable are the course goals?22 svarande
|The goals are difficult to understand»||1|| 6%|
|The goals give some guidance, but could be clearer»||8|| 50%|
|The goals clearly describe what I am supposed to learn»||7|| 43%|
|I have not seen/read the goals»||6|
- I think the goal of the course is wide, and it"s a good thing to keep it open and allow students have less limitation. But when talking about a certain project inside the course, there should be some limitation of the goal. » (The goals give some guidance, but could be clearer)
- No informations of this what so ever on course webpage. And none for grading either. We had no idea what to do for a certain grade» (I have not seen/read the goals)
4. Are the goals reasonable considering your background and the number of credits?Answer this this question and the succeeding one, only if you do know the course goals.
|No, the goals are set too low»||0|| 0%|
|Yes, the goals seem reasonable»||16|| 94%|
|No, the goals are set too high»||1|| 5%|
- Because of it being a 15 point course last year it was hard to manage everything within half of the time. » (No, the goals are set too high)
5. Did the examination assess whether you have reached the goals?21 svarande
|No, not at all»||0|| 0%|
|To some extent»||9|| 75%|
|Yes, definitely»||3|| 25%|
|I don"t know/have not been examined yet»||9|
- still havent seen the goals» (To some extent)
- I take the exhibition as the exam. I think it"s reasonable to measure the quality of project work to the credits. » (Yes, definitely)
- no information about goal, grading or anything like that» (I don"t know/have not been examined yet)
Teaching and course administration
6. To what extent has the teaching been of help for your learning?22 svarande
|Small extent»||9|| 40%|
|Some extent»||7|| 31%|
|Large extent»||5|| 22%|
|Great extent»||1|| 4%|
- Personally I feel the lecture we take in this course is not helpful in personal projects. They are not inspired and lack of some structure. But interaction design is an edgy subject, so this might be the reason why the course is not helpful. » (Small extent)
- 1 of all of the lectures were relevant for me. » (Small extent)
- Non at all» (Small extent)
- The lectures were interesting, but had the feeling, that Thommy and Josef are holding them, because these are their PhDs" topics, so like to talk about them, and Peter"s lecture was interesting, but not directly useful either. The visit to Backaplan was total waste of time unfortunately, but that"s a problem of the overly abstract design brief as well.» (Small extent)
- Some lectures with external people were useful. Specially one with Jonas Landgren .» (Some extent)
7. To what extent has the course literature and other material been of help for your learning?22 svarande
|Small extent»||8|| 36%|
|Some extent»||9|| 40%|
|Large extent»||5|| 22%|
|Great extent»||0|| 0%|
- I think this course could do without literature. The book I read, Smart things is much more well suited in for example Tangible Interaction. Let this be a pure project course or at least do not force students to read the literature as fast as was the case. As it was now, no real project work was done the first 3 weeks which sucks! » (Small extent)
- Non at all» (Small extent)
- The literature I read was very beneficial for myself, a very good read, I"m glad I needed to read it. However, it couldn"t really find it"s way to build the knowledge in into our project. » (Small extent)
- would have rather read smart things » (Some extent)
- There was an interesting literature seminar where we read a full book. The problem was that the timeframe to read the book was kinda short. The methodology of the seminar where we shared our experiences around the books was really good.» (Some extent)
- I personally hope all the course of this Msc program can introduce students more books with mature content. They are quite inspiring and expand knowledge as well as push me consider more about the design, the interaction etc.» (Large extent)
8. How well did the course administration, web page, handouts etc work?22 svarande
|Very badly»||4|| 18%|
|Rather badly»||6|| 27%|
|Rather well»||6|| 27%|
|Very well»||6|| 27%|
- late and unclear information. messy to keep track of things on a blog. no information about goal, grading, what did we have to do for a certain grade?» (Very badly)
- DONT USE BLOG AS NEWS FEED!!» (Very badly)
- The tempo of the course was way too slow, it took the teacher about 3-4 weeks just to get the groups confirmed.» (Very badly)
- I think the schedule is very strict in some area that is not necessary to be like this, but unstructured in some others, such as the design process and exhibition display.» (Rather badly)
- Information wasn"t given early enough and wasn"t clear enough.» (Rather badly)
- News in the course were handled via the blog, and this was usually updated the day before. Therefore, not many of the students had time to prepare. Scheduling of the course did not make sense at some times. For example, we were supposed to come up with an idea without knowing anything about the intended users, without any time to find that out on our own either. » (Rather badly)
- Really don"t like the blogging.... Especially not when it often done the night before.
Plan ahead teachers....
45 lecture = 15 minute break!!!
What is so difficult with following this?
Can not keep focus longer than this.... especially not in when you are as many students as we are in a lecturehall like LOW.» (Rather badly)
- do not use the blog ("news") to post the news, and always out in the last minute to inform us» (Rather badly)
- Josef"s constant blogging is very useful. A usability issue that the blog is hidden behind several clicks, so a small improvement please for the future: enable RSS feed for the blog, so we can subscribe!» (Rather well)
- It is the first course since I started the master that use the website as the tool that it should be. Paradoxically, we the students were not used to that so it took some weeks to pay attention to the course website/blog.» (Very well)
9. How were the opportunities for asking questions and getting help?22 svarande
|Very poor»||1|| 4%|
|Rather poor»||1|| 4%|
|Rather good»||10|| 47%|
|Very good»||9|| 42%|
|I did not seek help»||1|
- Many teachers were involved to make sure that all groups got proper supervision. » (Rather good)
- Well, our group didn"t need Farshid or Amir at all, so it"s kinda not answerable for us. We seeked Palle (orchestra project), but he never replied. We still managed, so that"s fine, however for these "specific needs" projects, if you could assign some mentors from your network (like a sound expert in our case), that would be very brilliant. Same for more artsy projects and assigning some Valand/HDK people? Just an idea.» (Rather good)
- Both teachers Josef and Thommy were always close to listen to our questions.» (Very good)
10. How well has cooperation between you and your fellow students worked?22 svarande
|Very poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poorly»||2|| 9%|
|Rather well»||5|| 22%|
|Very well»||15|| 68%|
|I did not seek cooperation»||0|
- But I hope the group forming can be also based on the same goal.» (Rather well)
- » (Very well)
- Good since we have spent a lot of time!» (Very well)
- Our team had surely good fun, so everything is alright with that. :)» (Very well)
11. How was the course workload?22 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||3|| 13%|
- Besides one or two weeks when the workload got tight the rest of the time was ok.» (Adequate)
- But I think it"s bearable and good.» (High)
- Bad planning with all of the literature the first weeks and then lots of work to catch up. The last week I probably spend 50h alone on this course, with the badly planned exhibition, presentation and report writing.. Some of the lectures and study visits were pretty useless and only stole time from the actual project..» (High)
- Workload in the beginning high: literature is still very short from the beginning, people simply didn"t manage to get a hold on the books. Either emphasize the order, or order them to Cremona, or just have that happening later.» (High)
- Depending on the project, but generally there was need for ideation, research, design, implementation and most teams had more than 2 members to deal with it, which is an indication of the high workload.» (High)
- Trying to design and implement a project that all previous years was done in 2 study periods, in 1 study period was really a hard work. And the time spend for working on the course and project was really much more than an average 7.5 credits course.» (Too high)
12. How was the total workload this study period?22 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||9|| 40%|
- Especially towards the end of the period.» (High)
- Worked less on this course than I would have wanted to because of a Neural Networks course.» (Too high)
- 60-70h with HCD course.» (Too high)
- in combination with human centered design» (Too high)
- The project and the HCD course was stealing time from each other, TOTALLY BAD combination. It"s especially hit hard on people, who are in different groups in different courses. I think it would be helpful to have mon-tue-wed fully IXD time (scheduled in timeedit and everything), and thu-fri for HCD, or similar, this structure worked out well in first year SP1 with prototyping and methodology, why not to do it again.» (Too high)
13. What is your general impression of the course?22 svarande
Genomsnitt: 3.18 (bidrar till totalt genomsnitt/jämförelseindex)
- free work for the government.. why?? No informationg about grading and no dialogue about what grade we were at. poor exhebition compared to previous years when the students could show their work in a much bigger arena with alot more people.
forced to work with a theme! This would be better as a free project and not as a "work free for the government project". and forced to work with art! :/» (Poor)
- I think for design courses there should be some practical research to help students in design decision making, and should provide with time to let students do so. Hopefully the course can help students with finding target groups if it"s hard for students to get them together.» (Fair)
- Being reformed from a 15p course into a 7.5p course, the teachers managed this quite good. However, more work have to be carried out until next year to make it better. Rescheduling of the course is needed, especially with the lectures, literature, presentations and study visits. » (Adequate)
- It could be better if from day 1 we focus on the projects and not having irrelevant guest lectures or other things that just waste time without offering clear benefits for the scope of the course» (Good)
- The course"s aim is good, and definitely putting our skills in practice. I think to actually enhance collaboration skills, it would be useful for the second year to "come out of the dark", and mix ixd students with other degrees (let it be architects for the theme of public space design, or business&design from HDK or industrial design or similar), because now this project resulted for many to work with the very same faces as for any other courses. » (Good)
- The concept of the course is interesting. Try to make us work on real world project is very valuable. » (Good)
- Josef had everything well under control. He was very helpful when needed and gave good guidance when we were lost. It was one of the best courses management so far.» (Excellent)
14. What should definitely be preserved to next year?- the exhibition, it"s very good»
- it was good that you regulary needed to explain and motivate your design desicions/ it was also nice, that you had so much freedom in developing ideas.»
- It is important that projects are done within a real context, with a real company/organization behind.»
- The useful lectures and teachers support during project work. »
- Budget for project, Exhibition»
- Exhibition, however, this should be better thought through.. »
- Flexibility on attending the seminars or choosing to write individual essay»
- fun to build according to a theme, and all the projects turned out so differently!»
- We had reasonable freedom, which was good. »
- Not much.»
- The exhibition!!»
- Working with a general concept in mind (e.g. Interaction in public space) is a good way to provide some guidelines. That should be preserved.»
15. What should definitely be changed to next year?- Mid presentation. Remove them or replace by the ones as conclusion of design stages would be nice, in my opinion.»
- Having to read a book the first week felt strange and took away time from the project. Some guest lectures didn"t give much. Felt like the project could have been more open so you could do what you had planned. We were earlier given information that you could continue your project in the second project course, which made me believe that the course would be more open.»
- schedule more time for the realisation of the project»
- More information and feedback from the company/organization. Clearer project brief.»
- Reduce mental workload.»
- Literature seminar they was it was organized was rather stressful. Guest lectures should be more related to the subject or topic of the projects. Advertising/Promotion of the exhibition ! This year there was no promotion at all, just we (the students) tried to spread the word around.»
- Better planning of the exhibition, presentations and report writing. More time for actual user studies, i.e., scheduled and not informed afterwards that we could have done this on our spare time..... Rethink course schedule. »
- Do no have 3 separate presentations, at least not where we all need to attend. Make 3 critgroups with 3-4 projects in each and let them critize each concept. Then ROTATE each presentation. This means shorter presentationsessions and no repetition.
No forced literature reading for week 3. Maybe guide student towards literature when they have selected projects and then ask them to include references to the literature in the report»
- 1/2 of the papers...»
- -the study visit made no sense, we had no furhter connection to it when we left it, so why even go there?
-the exhibition was pointless, first the presentation, all classmates had already heard about the projects so why not make it a walk around thing where you can listen to what you want, and each group gets a time when the lundby people would listen to each group´,s presentation.
-the placement, bad! the happening was poorly advertised and there were not many "spontaious" visitors, sadly.
-3 days? why so long time? we had a lot to do that week so everyone wrote their report during the exhibition, would be better to have the exhibition on one day, since there are no visitors anyway.
-okey, moving on, the books, why not order it to cremona? many studens have money there and the delivery was slow for many of the students so the reading had to be done during the last weekend.
- the ordering, sometimes it is actually easier to go shop yourself and get money for it, sometimes amir and farshid were not around for taking orders.
- would be better to focus the tutoring to the beginning of course, instead of in the last part.
- lectures was too focused on architectre, many of the students are not interested in that..
- - Scheduling with other course, remove interference.
- Scheduling things better in the semester, more internal deadlines, which are making sense (a midterm, where anything can be shown is basically useless to pressure us to get things done)
- Literature: more directly useful books/articles, and better scheduled.
- A better "sponsor": the Lundby municipality brief just left us so confused what is actually the task. A company would be much, much more interesting, especially for second year students seeking future jobs and theses.
- The exhibition should be taken more seriously. Honestly, it"s ridiculous. People don"t find it, it"s not promoted, it"s hidden behind some wall, you don"t expect students to deliver well-working stuff. At least good practices should be passed from Peter to Josef. »
- The fact that we were really limited in what we could do in the projects. It should be much much more open and an opportunity for the students to use their creativity and passion to produce a high quality project on their own. Lending us as free labor to the municipality was a real downer.»
- Maybe be more careful with the clients offering the projects..they did not have clear goals!!»
- - Organizing the projects better. There were projects that heavily relied on materials and these were ordered 2 weeks before the final presentation. It lead to gaps followed by really intense work, there was a lack of balance.
- The professors and assistants or tutors, could provide more guidance or pointers for specific practical areas, especially for ideas that might not be that common. Problems always arise when implementing and some of them are unforeseen, which leads to more pressure.»
16. Additional comments- designing for the kulturhuset backaplan was a rather imprecise objective. I wished it would have been a bit more clear... but at the same time it was nice to be open for any kind of projects.»
- It is really interesting to have a big project such as this one, but it would be interesting to have better communication with the organization/company.»
- Teachers are great, especially Thommy. »
- In general was a good course, the subject/theme of the projects was both interesting and also helpful for the community. The time is not enough for making something really great, but 2 study periods are too long for this so there is no optimal solution. There was also much side work which is not related to the project itself and that steals time from actual working on the project. The exhibition was poorly if not at all advertised.»
- Expected more of this course, was disappointed in the end. However, this seems to be a reoccurring theme at the IxD program..»
- it was good with a real context, but they did not know what they wanted, which made it hard for us. »
- Next year, try to cater to all tracks in the master, not just tangible interaction and social media.»
Genomsnitt totalt för detta stycke: 3.18
Genomsnitt totalt för alla frågor: 3.18
Beräknat jämförelseindex: 0.54