Här kan se resultatet från utvärderingen och exportera statistiken till ett annat program. Det går också att
göra en enkel filtrering genom att klicka på svarsalternativen och kommentarerna eller en avancerad filtrering
genom att använda knappen längst ned.
Technology based entrepreneurship, CIP016
Öppen för svar: 2011-12-14 - 2011-12-21
Antal svar: 15
Procent av deltagarna som svarat: 31%
Kontaktperson: Anneli Hildenborg»
Your own effort
1. How many hours per week did you spend on this course?We mean total time, that is, it comprises the time you spent in class and the time you spent on your own work. Try to estimate the average time over the entire study period.
|At most 15 hours/week»||1|| 6%|
|Around 20 hours/week»||1|| 6%|
|Around 25 hours/week»||3|| 20%|
|Around 30 hours/week»||3|| 20%|
|At least 35 hours/week»||7|| 46%|
- I"m not really sure, it overlapped greatly with the other courses. Total workload was around 50 hours/week» (Around 25 hours/week)
2. How large part of the teaching offered did you attend?
- almost 100%.» (100%)
Goals and goal fulfilmentThe course syllabus states the course goals in terms of learning outcomes, i.e., knowledge, skills and attitudes to be acquired by the student during the course.
3. How understandable are the course goals?15 svarande
|I have not seen/read the goals»||6|| 40%|
|The goals are difficult to understand»||1|| 6%|
|The goals give some guidance, but could be clearer»||4|| 26%|
|The goals clearly describe what I am supposed to learn»||4|| 26%|
- Don"t remember if I saw them or not. The title of the course says it all?» (I have not seen/read the goals)
- i have probably seen them, but a usual theme is that one tend to forget about them.» (I have not seen/read the goals)
4. Are the goals reasonable considering your background and the number of credits?Answer this this question and the succeeding one, only if you do know the course goals.
|No, the goals are set too low»||0|| 0%|
|Yes, the goals seem reasonable»||10|| 100%|
|No, the goals are set too high»||0|| 0%|
5. Did the examination assess whether you have reached the goals?12 svarande
|No, not at all»||1|| 8%|
|To some extent»||6|| 50%|
|Yes, definitely»||4|| 33%|
|I don"t know/have not been examined yet»||1|| 8%|
- It is just that the shareholders agreement is 20 points and that the negotiation was graded 1-10 when the BP presentation was just P/F, This is a bit strange for me!» (Yes, definitely)
- Could rewrite the course evaluation questions to fit the course better.» (Yes, definitely)
Teaching and course administration
6. To what extent has the teaching been of help for your learning?15 svarande
|Small extent»||0|| 0%|
|Some extent»||4|| 26%|
|Large extent»||10|| 66%|
|Great extent»||1|| 6%|
7. To what extent has the course literature and other material been of help for your learning?15 svarande
|Small extent»||1|| 6%|
|Some extent»||9|| 60%|
|Large extent»||3|| 20%|
|Great extent»||2|| 13%|
- Did we have any course literature?» (Small extent)
- We haven"t had any books but the information given was valuable.» (Some extent)
- well, the literature and material that you have had to find yourself.» (Large extent)
8. How well did the course administration, web page, handouts etc work?15 svarande
|Very badly»||3|| 20%|
|Rather badly»||7|| 46%|
|Rather well»||4|| 26%|
|Very well»||1|| 6%|
- Too little administration, no one having an overview over everything.» (Very badly)
- The information flow between the lecturers and between the school administration and the lectures have not worked, to many misunderstandings, wrong information and questions that have not been answered.» (Very badly)
- Slides from presentations could have been uploaded before each lecture and with a coherent nomenclature.» (Rather badly)
- The biggest issue was that the assignments had very vague instructions about what was going to be graded and what criterias that was going to be graded.» (Rather badly)
- without staying here and writing to much, but somethings needs to be done so that everything works a little bit more professional. Or so that it at least looks like it. Confusion and frustration is one thing when it comes to the learning part and where we, the students, should learn by thinking and finding out stuff on our own, and to deal with uncertainties. But creating confusion and a un-planned schedule, and creating a mess, and creating unclarity to assignments, and creating unclarity to who is responsible for what, and crating unclarity about whats graded and crating unclarity regarding what we actually should do on an assignemnts. That is not creating a challenging student situation were we can learn from. That is just about creating a mess and a bad reputation about the school. Other students will eventually here about it, and that is not good at all for the schools long term reputation. The education as such is good, but this needs to be fixed and I hope that you will listen to the students, unless i am the only one that has thought about this.
Other than that, pingpong works fine, and it is easy to contact and talk to teachers and admin people, so thats great. » (Rather badly)
- Missing information and bad communication between different members of the faculty» (Rather badly)
- I"m just saying PingPong, but why...» (Rather well)
- Improve the degunk!» (Rather well)
9. How were the opportunities for asking questions and getting help?15 svarande
|Very poor»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poor»||1|| 6%|
|Rather good»||6|| 40%|
|Very good»||7|| 46%|
|I did not seek help»||1|| 6%|
- Feedback could be a lot quicker and more concrete» (Rather good)
- Very good. Even though you could get the answer of what do you think? and make an assumpiton? Thats fine, and fun. So, I would say that it has been good. Just make sure who is responsible for what, so we know who to ask questions to.» (Very good)
10. How well has cooperation between you and your fellow students worked?15 svarande
|Very poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather well»||3|| 20%|
|Very well»||12|| 80%|
|I did not seek cooperation»||0|| 0%|
- We are working with difficult hightech cases and about new tools and subjects we do not always know everything about. And I also know that group dynamics and how to function in teams are very important and I think it is a fantastic learning opportunities to experience. However, sometimes I would say that it is better not to always have to focus all energy on basic communication and being able to have an everyday discussions due to language barriers, and instead to focus your energy and knowledge on cases, teamwork, gaining new skills and sharing your skills with others. Of course it is also a great learning experience, but it takes away other great opportunities to learn as well.
Just keep this in mind.
Otherwise cooperation, and overall communication has worked very well. And everyones has been very open and sharing, and that is just great how everyone has been sharing and helping fellow classmates. Just great! And I like it that the school also encourage this!» (Rather well)
11. How was the course workload?15 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||3|| 20%|
12. How was the total workload this study period?15 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||4|| 26%|
- However, the workload of the first part of the term was lower than I expected but I think it"s good to get to know each other first and not put so much pressure initially.» (High)
13. What is your general impression of the course?15 svarande
14. What should definitely be preserved to next year?- Exercises and cases. "Force" students to present more often, we really need it!»
- The content and the layout of one project work over the year.»
- Anders Sundellin»
- The practical application of tools to business cases.»
- Lars and Anders, they are great lecturers»
- I like the different cases, working in groups and writing a business plan is a very good experience. »
- Group norms. But pass and fail. no reason to grade it, and especially when you do not know what you should do and how it will be graded. Keep it, but pass/fail, that is my thought.
Otherwise very interesting assignments, so keep them all. »
- Writing business plan »
15. What should definitely be changed to next year?- Boo should try to be more structured and update his presentation material. The business plan lecture slides are a good example of the chaotic information bombardment that occurs from time to time. Reduce number of models by 75% and elaborate more on those that are used.
No more lectures at Sahlgrenska.»
- The overall administration and overview.
And the degunk: while the task itself was useful and interesting, the execution of the assignment (expectations vs communication of expectations, and different interpretation of the assignment between consultant and examiner) was pretty much the worst I have ever experienced in the five different universities I have attended.»
- Boo"s and Greg"s confusing lecturing»
- More information on the valuation side. Clearer and consistent messages to everyone. More information on what the investors expect to see before it"s too late.»
- The information flow, have one person responsible for the whole course that coordinates this.»
- The business cases. »
- A better structure and communication about assignments, what is graded, what is the background information and so on.»
- Change the degunk assignment, have only 10 points for the shareholders agreement. And try to not overlap assignments. »
- Some things that come to my mind now:
-Still do not know what we were suppose to do during the lawyer negotiations, or what was graded or how it was graded. And it was never presented. This needs to be fixed. Just felt very random.
-Group norms, pass/fail instead.
-clarity regarding what is case information and what we make up, and when we can make/should not make things up, depending on what case. easy to do, and just to do it.
- The way the points are set for assignments. Maybe put a little less emphasis on the shareholder agreement which essentially becomes worth as much as the business plan. Split up those points over the 2 presentations and the agreement. As well the workload was greatly higher during the last couple of weeks than the rest of the period.»
16. Additional comments- Besides from the organizational frustrations, the semester has been great!»