Här kan se resultatet från utvärderingen och exportera statistiken till ett annat program. Det går också att
göra en enkel filtrering genom att klicka på svarsalternativen och kommentarerna eller en avancerad filtrering
genom att använda knappen längst ned.
Traffic and urban planning VT2011, BOM040
Öppen för svar: 2011-04-13 - 2011-04-24
Antal svar: 23
Procent av deltagarna som svarat: 38%
Kontaktperson: Emma Fritzell»
Utbildningsprogram som genomför enkäten: Väg- och vattenbyggnad 300 hp
Utbildningsprogram studenten tillhör: Väg- och vattenbyggnad 300 hp
Your own effort
1. How many hours per week did you spend on this course?We mean total time, that is, it comprises the time you spent in class and the time you spent on your own work. Try to estimate the average time over the entire study period.
|At most 15 hours/week»||6|| 26%|
|Around 20 hours/week»||14|| 60%|
|Around 25 hours/week»||2|| 8%|
|Around 30 hours/week»||0|| 0%|
|At least 35 hours/week»||1|| 4%|
2. How large part of the teaching offered did you attend?
Goals and goal fulfilmentThe course syllabus states the course goals in terms of learning outcomes, i.e., knowledge, skills and attitudes to be acquired by the student during the course.
The course will address the following traffic and urban planning concepts and give the students knowledge and capabilities to understand, describe and apply different principals and methods:
Know the concept sustainable development and understand the meaning in a global, regional and local perspective. Understand the meaning of sustainable transport and be able to apply the the concept in an analysis of a transport system.
Traffic flow theory
Understand driver behaviour and interactions between vehicles in different traffic situations.
Be able to describe stochastic and deterministic models for traffic flows and be able to apply these models on traffic flows in road sections and road intersections.
Be able to define road traffic characteristics e.g. flow, density, speed, gap etc.
Understand the difference between micro and macro models. Understand the difference between a model and the reality.
Be able to describe and apply the relation between flow, density and speed using the fundamental diagram and other coupled diagrams. Know about wave propagation in traffic.
Be able to describe arrival and service processes for traffic. Be able to apply queue theoretical formulas and to use Monte Carlo simulation and random numbers for simulation of a queuing process.
Be able to produce a distance-time diagram for a traffic flow. Be able to describe the concepts gap acceptance and car following.
Be able to apply a socioeconomic view on traffic infrastructure. Understand marginal cost theory on a congestion situation in order to apply the congestion fee concept.
Be able to apply the concepts willingness to pay, consumer surplus and price elasticity in price setting considerations for transport services.
Mobility and Traffic management
Know about rules and regulations, physical means and information systems for traffic management.
Traffic measurements and traffic capacity. Mobility and accessibility.
Be able to use traffic measurement data for design of road section and road intersections. Be able to use the computer program CapCal for calculation of capacity, delay and other related parameters.
Be able to describe mobility and accessibility for different means of transport and different categories of transport users.
Understand and be able to apply the concept of strategic mobility (POINTER index).
Demand and desire. Value of accessibility and comfort. Basic principals for public transport planning.
K2020 Future public transport in Göteborg.
Environmental impacts from traffic systems
Know the contribution from road traffic.
Know the effects and consequences of traffic emissions.
Know about models for emission propagation.
Be able to calculate emission and immission from air pollution.
Be able to make a road traffic noise survey in an urban area.
Know about the conditions for traffic forecasts.
Know why forecasts are needed and how they are used in traffic and urban planning.
Know some different types of forecasts and how they are built up.
Know the concept of 0-vision.
Understand how in depth studies of road traffic accident are made and describe some results from these studies.
Be able to describe physical measures taken for risk reduction.
Be able to analyse traffic safety conditions for motorized and non-motorized traffic.
3. How understandable are the course goals?23 svarande
|I have not seen/read the goals»||0|| 0%|
|The goals are difficult to understand»||1|| 4%|
|The goals give some guidance, but could be clearer»||5|| 21%|
|The goals clearly describe what I am supposed to learn»||17|| 73%|
- One or two goals was not possible this year, because a lecture about sustainability was cancelled. that should be clearer it it happens again.» (The goals give some guidance, but could be clearer)
4. Are the goals reasonable considering your background and the number of credits?Answer this this question and the succeeding one, only if you do know the course goals.
|No, the goals are set too low»||2|| 8%|
|Yes, the goals seem reasonable»||20|| 86%|
|No, the goals are set too high»||1|| 4%|
- goals do not match the course extent» (No, the goals are set too high)
5. Did the examination assess whether you have reached the goals?22 svarande
|No, not at all»||1|| 4%|
|To some extent»||7|| 31%|
|Yes, definitely»||14|| 63%|
|I don"t know/have not been examined yet»||0|| 0%|
Teaching and course administration
6. To what extent has the teaching been of help for your learning?23 svarande
|Small extent»||2|| 8%|
|Some extent»||3|| 13%|
|Large extent»||13|| 56%|
|Great extent»||5|| 21%|
7. To what extent has the course literature and other material been of help for your learning?22 svarande
|Small extent»||5|| 22%|
|Some extent»||11|| 50%|
|Large extent»||4|| 18%|
|Great extent»||2|| 9%|
8. How well did the course administration, web page, handouts etc work?23 svarande
|Very badly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather badly»||5|| 21%|
|Rather well»||10|| 43%|
|Very well»||8|| 34%|
- The not are very few. I think if there is more handouts the it would be good to read and understand for every student» (Rather badly)
- Assignments should be posted here. Since the dates for the assignments changed and were handed out at the lecture it became difficult if you could not attend the lecture. Some assignments could be written down aswell to make them clearer. That was sometimes hard and it happend twice that we completely missunderstood the assignment.» (Rather badly)
- lacks organization» (Rather badly)
- The exam solutions was not uploaded to the student portal.» (Rather well)
9. How were the opportunities for asking questions and getting help?23 svarande
|Very poor»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poor»||0|| 0%|
|Rather good»||4|| 17%|
|Very good»||18|| 78%|
|I did not seek help»||1|| 4%|
10. How well has cooperation between you and your fellow students worked?23 svarande
|Very poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather poorly»||0|| 0%|
|Rather well»||8|| 34%|
|Very well»||15|| 65%|
|I did not seek cooperation»||0|| 0%|
11. How was the course workload?23 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||0|| 0%|
12. How was the total workload this study period?23 svarande
|Too low»||0|| 0%|
|Too high»||1|| 4%|
- I studied three courses.» (Adequate)
- Studied 175% so thats understandable» (High)
- because i have had another subjets in my origin country, and have had back.» (Too high)
13. What is your general impression of the course?23 svarande
- Interesting!» (Good)
14. What should definitely be preserved to next year?- The study visit give the student a great oportunity to get involved in the urban planning management in Malmoe. The study visit of Traffickverket was really helpful to understand how to manage traffic issues in Sweden but unfortunately the visit to Copenhage university didn"t seem to ve useful at all.»
- The first two weeks with traffic planning »
- Assignments-but make them maybe a bit bigger and clearer.»
- The assignments and the study trip. Three presentations per assignment is a good idea.»
- Trip to Copenhagen»
- The study trip was great, but I missed a more organized lecture (or something similar) about the Citytunnel. That would have been very interesting.»
- The study trip!»
- study visits»
- the trip to kopenhagen»
- The kind of assignments and the excursion to copenhaguen.»
15. What should definitely be changed to next year?- More traffic plannning less urban plannning »
- The use of the webpage. And make more connections to the book. If you do not make a lecture, which pages can you read for example. put it on the pm»
- The web page should be used better. Important information should be on the web page and not only mentioned at lectures (since not every student attend every lecture).»
- Spend more time on the mathematical questions and introduce some "räknestugor" during the course.»
- course homepage organization»
- Better information about the assignments, often we dit not quite now what to do and also i think you should be able to do the assignment even if you for some reason miss one lecture.»
16. Additional comments- Better feedback on assignments. Don"t need to be much, just a confirmation if you made it right or not. Now no one knew about the points until three weeks after the exam.»
- Very pleasant course and very available teacher»